Off Topic Banter Anything unrelated to softball. Come and yak it up.

Share This Forum!  

Old 07-25-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
McLeod
Heavy Hitter

Retropie

Anyone on the board know much about this or more so, about downloading a rom set already set up onto a SD card using a Mac computer? I feel like I have tried everything that youtube has and still nothing. I was able to get Retropie installed onto a card and put a few games on it but a friend and I were talking about what he has and he had mentioned a site where you can get roms, he said he was able to download the file, then unzip it and flash it to a SD card. I have tried that but I feel like I'm missing something or I am just doing it completely wrong. I have Archive Utility which apparently helps with the unzipping of files, I have the Unarchiver for files that are 7-zip and have Balenaetcher for flashing to the SD card. I forget what the exact message is when I tried awhile back to flash something but I believe it was along the lines of it couldn't find a match. Some of the downloads are in torrent so I have used Utorrent which I thought would help but didn't. As my friend said, he just downloaded it, extracted it and then was able to flash it to a SD card and bam, that was it. For me not so much. Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to message me as well, I am not on here often but will check from time to time.
27oz Z2000 RI EL
27oz Z2000 OG EL
27oz Catty OG EL
27.5oz Backman Shoppe Z4000
27oz Psycho
26oz Freak 12
28oz Combat Anti Virus
27oz Combat Avarice
28oz Jak'd Blackout (Retired- BP only now)
McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
McLeod
Heavy Hitter

JUST AN UPDATE: So I tried doing a file into the BalenaEtcher App and it says that their is a partition table missing and that my device may not be able to read it or it won't be bootable as they put it. I have an extra SD card laying around from when I switched out my PI's so I may give it a shot and see what happens.
27oz Z2000 RI EL
27oz Z2000 OG EL
27oz Catty OG EL
27.5oz Backman Shoppe Z4000
27oz Psycho
26oz Freak 12
28oz Combat Anti Virus
27oz Combat Avarice
28oz Jak'd Blackout (Retired- BP only now)
McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:14 PM   #3
bdemarco
Rookie

I'm not sure what format your SD card is in, but I think it needs to be FAT, if it's not already. I know I had a hell of a time trying to create a bootable usb key for windows on a mac. Sometimes it's easier to use windows for creating stuff for raspberry pi.
bdemarco is offline   Reply With Quote