Share This Forum!  

Old 03-25-2016, 02:07 AM   #1
Damo
Lifted LifeStyle

2016 True one Dual stamp review

Finally got to swing this baby,
27oz new in wrapper feels perfect weighting wise (no scale) but does not feel like it's running under weight like the past, well this one anyways

Extremely Balanced like years past and feels nice threw the zone (Controalling) 13" barrel and a massive sweet spot
hit spo and spn hot dots indoors

This thing is STIFF has a new handle alloy and between it and the barrel comp it reminds me of the Vx3 but much better! Imo the vx3 as I said before was so stiff and would need a ton of BP, this reminds me slightly of that it deffiantly needed a few hundred swings to loosen up (totally hear the sound changing) but way better performance when it did, The handle is very 1 piecey feel but has the nice 2 piece feel when you miss hit (no stinging)
I'm going to keep smashing this thing and real test will be outside like always!! Pretty excited to try it as it was a easy transition from last year's flipper, still waiting for my new one to come in
The true One is also a Dual stamp bat so a nice piece for a player on a budget that needs both stamps
Porkys #17

2014 Men's D NSA World Series Champs
2015 Coed C SPN Provincial Champs
2015 Men's C NSA Provincial Champs
2017 Coed Comp SPO Provincial Champs
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
shmoo
Facebook Ninja

LMAO

Old 03-25-2016, 09:35 PM   #3
Felks32

LOL nothing better to do at 2am huh?
Felks32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #4
Damo
Lifted LifeStyle

Originally Posted by Felks32 View Post
LOL nothing better to do at 2am huh?
Was just winding down after a few cocktails,
Suprised It some what makes sense actually
Porkys #17

2014 Men's D NSA World Series Champs
2015 Coed C SPN Provincial Champs
2015 Men's C NSA Provincial Champs
2017 Coed Comp SPO Provincial Champs
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:56 PM   #5
Hurk
Favourite Food

Grabbed this bat off Damo, and lol it's a stiff bat. It has a great weight but man oh man... It needs love.

Mis-hits hurt. The sweet spot wasn't easy to find... It's not forgiving. I tried about 10 BP balls after Damos before my game and my goodness, it wasn't good.

Since I'm stubborn, and we weren't playing a great team - I gamed with it. Got on base 5 of 5. Only one crappy hit with it, but one dinger too on not far fences.

I stayed after the game and hit some more balls before the storm hit and it actually warmed up! Either I was better at finding the sweet spot or it was opening up a little. It started feeling softer or I was getting used to the vibration. Either way, it was getting better.

The 27oz is 26.44oz. It swings super light and balanced. I'm not a balanced guy so it'll probably end up with a teammate, but I'm still going to give it some love and see how it goes.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:37 PM   #6
Hurk
Favourite Food

Oh, this is NOT the Sport Chek exclusive. Very different feeling bat.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #7
OilCountry
Rookie

Swung the Sportchek exclusive True One last night with a mix of grey and gold dots....what a dud. The bat had about 500 hits on it and honestly it felt like a balanced Z3...and I hated the LS line a couple years ago. Zero trampoline effect even when I hit it squarely and on sweet spot. Felt like I was swinging a log. Sound changed around the 200 hit mark and I thought it was going to start shooting laser...not. even. close.

Just happy it wasn't my bat. My buddy had picked it up and the MV1 a few weeks back. I wonder if it needs X000 hits before it starts crush like the old True Ones because at this point I told him to just use it for snoball or sell it. I can't remember the last time I was this disappointed with a Demarini bat. I was a massive Demarini/Easton fan before I discovered the 41/Freak Black line up.

27 Miken '15 DC 41 USSSA- RI
27 Miken '16 2 Piece Canadian Psycho
OilCountry is offline   Reply With Quote