Share This Forum!  

Old 08-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #13
Goldglover1
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by TheShoe View Post
Field marketing is an important piece.

Clearly some companies do it very well over others, and some will vary by region as well.

Brand presence on the diamonds very much reflects this on a region by region basis.
Yup exactly, and they have not much of anything. Myself one of the simple ways to judge is look at what guys are swinging, non sponsored guys I mean. Watch what guys swing at The shoot out and Canadians. Its 90% Rawlings product, nobody swings Demarini wett logs lol
Goldglover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:14 PM   #14
jfrancais
spring training

Originally Posted by Goldglover1 View Post
Yup exactly, and they have not much of anything. Myself one of the simple ways to judge is look at what guys are swinging, non sponsored guys I mean. Watch what guys swing at The shoot out and Canadians. Its 90% Rawlings product, nobody swings Demarini wett logs lol
I'm no lemming, I swing what I like, not what the cool kids are swinging. I've taken a few cuts with the broken in Mikens/Legits teammates have. Heck I had a Freak 12 in the bag for a while this year. I was just hitting my CL22s better.

And, um, Assault 3 in the bag, you want to talk about wett logs?
FRENCH - #44

In the bat bag:
26oz Stadium Spec-One
26.5oz Legit JH Lite
27oz '17 Super Z End Loaded
27oz Demarini New Breed
27oz FuDawg
jfrancais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:34 PM   #15
OilCountry
Rookie

Originally Posted by jfrancais View Post
I'm no lemming, I swing what I like, not what the cool kids are swinging. I've taken a few cuts with the broken in Mikens/Legits teammates have. Heck I had a Freak 12 in the bag for a while this year. I was just hitting my CL22s better.

CL22 Pinky is still a great bat.

27 Miken '15 DC 41 USSSA- RI
27 Miken '16 2 Piece Canadian Psycho
OilCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #16
TheShoe
Post Ore

I swing what I perform with personally.

No doubt I agree, a big chunk has become Rawlings products out there, with another good chunk to LS. Marketing much?

Mizuno ate into it a little with a solid bat this year. Easton still retains their small segment of loyalists, team bat buyers or people who love the cheap deals.

At a bat provided tournament, I'd swing a Nighthawk or may switch to a Rawlings or Combat product initially just cause they'd be the hottest early in the day as they just came out of wrapper.

I'd skip using a Easton Flex out of wrapper for obvious reasons...

Now, my Flex at 400~ hits or my worked in Nighthawks? That's my preference on feel and what performs best in my hands when I can swing what I want.

It's all relative...

Do you like Coke or Pepsi? Molson or Sleeman? UA or Nike? etc etc

The bat I may call a turd with my measly Rec Player power, the next big A level power bat may pick up and pound 400ft. Combat 1pc Showtime comes to mind here. I didn't care for it at all. But Pennell sure had no issues making it fly.
TheShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:25 PM   #17
pdw2001
Seasoned Vet

Well I got it and she IS pretty, let's hope it's not all looks.
Took about 10 swings with it and just feels stiff...

pdw2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:35 PM   #18
pdw2001
Seasoned Vet

Took 160 hits at lunch and just figured I'd throw in my quick 2 cents.
I only had my Kraken and 2 piece psycho to compare too.
I had a bag of mostly mashed hot dots, some greys and few golds.

- The weight (27) is nice, the endload wasnt too crazy. Feels lighter than my 27oz Psycho.
- Bat felt pretty stiff, stayed that way (so far).
- Should be similar to the Kraken, which is just a repainted '15 CL22 but the '16 felt less crisp than the Kraken. By that I mean there is a nice "crack/pop" sound when I hit the Kraken but the '16 feels a little more mushy. It sounds alot more like my WELL used 2 piece psycho.
- In terms of distance. Im honestly getting similar distance from all three. I'll pump a massive shot from the Psycho a little more frequently than the CL22's but Ive used it more and its my gamer.
- I FEEL like the ball is coming off the CL22 faster, but for some reason the ball hangs in the air longer with the Psycho (I hope I'm describing that properly). Its probably my swing though.. .
-The CL22 feels easier to whip around and place shots around the field but I feel that way with all 12 inch barrels..
Old 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM   #19
TheShoe
Post Ore

Honestly, when I had mine took about 300-400 cuts and some slight visible webbing in the white and green letters (similar to webbing in 2016 Easton Squads) and then it shifted a gear and spat the ball a lot hotter. It was at that point where it began to hang in distance to my Freak 12 and Nighthawk, mind you the feel was never as pleasant.

When I had mine it was pretty good and rivaled most bats I owned.

Ultimately, I had made a mistake going to 28oz and I fell in love with the Nighthawks and stuck to those after selling my CL22s.

FWIW the knobs on the '15 & '16 are still my favourite.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:42 PM   #20
Goldglover1
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by jfrancais View Post

look bud I get it you like Demarini thats awesome for you. I personally think they are garbage and their brand representation has a lot to do with it. I used to swing them for a bit too when I first started but quickly moved on from there. They don't fit my swing I like 2 pieces, but as stated by other many times they are too stiff.

other topic

The assault III was one of the sticks that changed combat before the idiots who own it drove it into the ground. Demarini has 1 platform 2 piece bats with different paint jobs honestly they are all the same. Only Demarini I have ever liked was the 2013 CL22 other than that IMO its all what fits your swing anyways so swing whatever you like. Back to the original point though how you can call the assault III a wet log is mind boggling to me lol

Last edited by Goldglover1; 08-30-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Goldglover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #21
JP21
Heavy Hitter

the assault III a wet log is mind boggling to me lol
The pre-release model (all black in color with 3 green III on it) was a gem but once they went into production i would say it didn't live up to the its hype... You could point some fingers on this board as to why it was SO hype lol
Old 08-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #22
TheShoe
Post Ore

Funny comment to read. Here I thought part of the Combat demise was the boring 1pc offerings that all felt the same and the fact they had so many it got confusing. Even when you asked for the differences, you barely got much of an answer besides the graphics on them.

Their 2pc stuff was getting very good though.

Keep it chill gentlemen, to each their own. Always dudes passionate about their favourite brand.

Combat definitely had a good thing in that no matter what you thought of the line, you could try them and see for yourself. Demarini is always a gamble here to spend your hard on money on full retail pop to feed that curiousity.

Demarini has 1 platform 2 piece bats with different paint jobs honestly they are all the same.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:14 PM   #23
pdw2001
Seasoned Vet

I didnt see it as much of a risk to spend less than 50% retail price.
Im not disappointed at all, but Im not telling everyone to run out and buy one either.