Share This Forum!  

Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
fierce_gt
Post Ore

juggy hitting advice?

been using a miken NRG 500 29oz maxload for a couple years. hit it pretty well, very consistent, but a little too heavy.

recently bought a 26oz juggy and out of the wrapper was out hitting my miken(distance wise). my mis hits with the juggy were completely pitiful though. the miken mis hits would often be bloopers over the infield for a single.

anyway, the more i hit with the juggy, the worse i get. i'm now popping up EVERYTHING. i've tried hitting inside pitches, outside pitches, high pitches, low pitches. tried hitting to left field and right field. tried hitting grounders, line drives, and bombs. tried crushing the ball and tried swinging easy. all ending with the same result. pop flys to nowhere.

i've heard the juggy was hard to hit for some types of swings. that it responds better to a smooth swing, and i know it's got a slightly smaller sweet spot than my miken. but i seem to be hitting the sweet spot, i'm just always under the ball.

my teams don't do BP, so my only chance is the cages. any advice for things to try so i don't spend all my money doing random things?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #2
ecdragon
Seasoned Vet

i personally believe that if u spend enough time with a bat u can get used to it. BUT...

what works for me:
1) move up an ounce in weight with the juggernaut
- i swing the PST, scn9, freak 98 at 27oz. i owned both a 27 and 28 jugg and i have to use a 28oz jugg. i have to slow down my swing tremendously with a 27... way too much adjustment for me so i move up an ounce and still hack slightly later than usual.

2) wait until pitch is deep in your hitting zone, or in other words, wait as late as possible and explode on the ball. let the bat flex and the stacked barrel do the work for u. the bat has mad pop.

as i was typing wat works for me, i realized that u went from a 29oz MAXload to a 26oz juggy! good luck with your adjustment period dude....

i hate to say it but i cant' see how u can adjust quick enough going from 28 and 29 oz bats (let alone one piece maxload) to a two pieced/balanced/lighter26 jugg....

get a 30oz jugg or j2 and u should have an easier time. juggy's absolutely crush the ball - hits the hardest liners and gets just as much distance as any top ASA bat - if wielded by the right batsman.

but they do break. lol
ecdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:06 AM   #3
fierce_gt
Post Ore

the thing is though, the 29oz was too heavy for me. and the 26oz juggy feels really good. i think you're reading it that the miken was the right bat, and now i've got one way too light, but really the miken was way too heavy and now i've got the right weight(or pretty damn close to it). a 30oz juggy wouldn't do me any good, i bought a new bat to get a lighter one.

secondly, i've hit the juggy, this exact one, very very well right out of the wrapper.

so between those two things, i'm quite confident this bat can work for me.

i hit once with the miken in our tourney this weekend, it felt like it was made of concrete. very heavy.

i also still find it so wierd, but honestly, if i swung the juggy and the miken blind, aside from the weight i wouldn't be able to tell you which is which. i was so worried about the 'flex' but it's completely imperceivable to me. not sure what it is about me or my swing, but generally i hit any bat i pick up to its full potential on the first couple swings. i've never really found that i NEEDED to swing the same bat every time to get good results. i'm usually a very consistent hitter. well i guess i still am, i'm just consistently hitting poorly now.

thanks for the advice so far
Old 07-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
ZR27
#lexxbeinglexx

I've been using a juggy all season..IMO there is a noticable diff between all one piece mikens/eastons/combats and the juggy.. It has "lots" of flex, that if you time it properly and get your hands through the zone fast as well, the ball explodes off any part of the juggys barrel.. Funny thing is mine hits absolute crisp liners, but doesn't get as much lift as the one piece bats in my bag.. Here's a video I took earlier in the season, with my juggy before it cracked.. Has been replaced though.. Good luck with your bat transition..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3gwxFXFX_g

http://www.youtube.com/user/lexxuz27
http://instagram.com/lexx27_ksg
ZR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
Tbird
Seasoned Vet

This guy can hit bombs. Very good hitter. Although I think Cat was serving you meatballs to make you look good in BP. LOL
Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
dave2525
Post Ore

Hey brotha... LMK when you want to go for BP...

use this code for 3 bucks off for Spiderz batting gloves!!!
RUNDLEWEB

http://www.spiderzbattinggloves.com/
dave2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
fierce_gt
Post Ore

thanks guys. i know the juggy is way different than a one piece, i just don't really feel it. i was actually quite surprised, and everybody else that uses it can feel the difference. i guess i'm just not that sensitive to it.

the funny this is i hit it pretty well when i just throw the ball up to myself. i guess i just need some practice. taking one swing every 15-20mins in a game just won't cut it.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
drunkendelight
Rookie

Originally Posted by ZR27 View Post
Funny thing is mine hits absolute crisp liners, but doesn't get as much lift as the one piece bats in my bag..
I agree, the Juggy is my line-drive bat

Bag:
28oz Juggy
28.5oz JH Mutant - telescoped
28oz Catty Green
28oz OG Extended
drunkendelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
wanna-b-fanboy
I ♥ Packrule

Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
my teams don't do BP, so my only chance is the cages. any advice for things to try so i don't spend all my money doing random things?
Originally Posted by dave2525 View Post
Hey brotha... LMK when you want to go for BP...
If anyone is interested, we could set up something this weekend (Didn't realize Fierce was in the peg). Dave, I picked up a pitching screen so I can swing to my heart's content!

Companies Control GM Crop Research?

Ask Dammer!

Packrule Shenanigans - beware when dealing with.
Posted on SBF for:
Originally Posted by Packrule4 View Post
Like the title says Freak 98. Less then 50 strokes on it. $250.00 including shipping. Bat is returnable receipt dated for July.
Originally Posted by Packrule4 View Post
Either way I sold it on SBF for a 275.00 bid.

***Negative Price Commenting Moratorium in effect***
wanna-b-fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
dave2525
Post Ore

Originally Posted by wanna-b-fanboy View Post
If anyone is interested, we could set up something this weekend (Didn't realize Fierce was in the peg). Dave, I picked up a pitching screen so I can swing to my heart's content!
wooo hooo... I should good for pitching this weekend. still don't htink I'd be able to take too many swings... I might see popstar tonight, If i do I'll ask him as well...

use this code for 3 bucks off for Spiderz batting gloves!!!
RUNDLEWEB

http://www.spiderzbattinggloves.com/
dave2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #11
fierce_gt
Post Ore

this weekend could be interesting. i don't have any plans for the long weekend yet, though i would like to keep myself open in case. i'd be a game day decision, haha.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #12
jfrancais
spring training

The juggy is a very whippy bat. I had a hard time adjusting to it as well. I had no consistancy with it at all. Any power I generated was completely off field when my swing was really late. The rest were all over the map. I think the key to adjusting is slow your swing right down until you adjust to it, and then work your bat speed back up. Take a bunch of BP and at the start just concentrating getting the bat level through the zone at a reasonable bat speed. Once you get consistantly level, start trying to do it with a faster bat speed. The bat has so much whip that if you can get a consistant level swing at the ball, the whip will add nice distance to it.

Looking at my signature, you can probably guess how I adjusted.....
FRENCH - #44

In the bat bag:
26oz Stadium Spec-One
26.5oz Legit JH Lite
27oz '17 Super Z End Loaded
27oz Demarini New Breed
27oz FuDawg
jfrancais is offline   Reply With Quote