Buying and Selling - Accessories Buy and sell your batting gloves, bat grips, softball apparel, and other items here.

Share This Forum!  

Old 07-20-2020, 10:04 AM   #13
pop star
Seasoned Vet

Originally Posted by go5 View Post
The guy who bought the two bats (paid 150) is trying to offload them for 500 on Kijiji. I paid 300 for both brand new 3 - 4 years ago. Clown move

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-baseball-sof...ats/1511997096
I would like to think most of us on here don't do that.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:46 PM   #14
Raidersgoalie
Seasoned Vet

Selling bats

Personally I have bought bats on here and other sites.
At the point it touches your hands and is payed for with your own money Its yours . If someone wants to pay your asking price all good with me. He didnt try come on this site to make a buck. After all the bat companies prob make the bat for 50$ and mark the price up to sell to us suckers who think the new line bats are gonna give us 60more feet lol
Raidersgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #15
killarney
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hoffy11 View Post
So I would like to start off by again apologizing to mike/go5, I dont see how I did anything wrong? I paid what he was asking and literally drove right to him no hassle no haggling, I then got harrassed after getting hard times and realizing I needed to sell the bats.

I went on FB and got them price checked by two very reputable reps and posted the bats for less then what they told me they were worth. And then got this email from the OP...

From go5:
I see you are trying to make 500 off my bats. I paid 200 for that mikeb brand new and 99 for the worth. Good lucj but ripping people off is a jackass move.

Good luck

I dont really feel the harrassment was necessary, he doesnt know my situations.

I realize I'm trying to make money off the bats, but that's what the buy and sell game is all about and if I was to just take a loss on them would I even be trying? I'm not the first to flip a bat for more then they bought it for and wont be the last, this exact concept is what drives the economy and if everyone didnt like it we wouldnt have an economy to begin with. Either that or we wouldnt be the consumers that we are.

Again I'm sorry to mike he didnt know the product he was selling, but outright trying to make me seem like I'm in the wrong is kind of selfish on his part.
I agree they were yours to sell. Also he didn't name (although you just did) or smear you by name publicly on the board. I guess I land on the idea that they were yours to sell but also most guys on here will never buy or sell something from you again. It isn't an accident that you re-listed them on kijji and not here. You knew it was slightly scummy.
killarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #16
kvander
Heavy Hitter

You can't apologize and say you did nothing wrong in the same sentence. Own it. You knew full well that the bats were worth more than the selling price, and you purchased them with the intent to sell for profit immediately after.
The only thing wrong with that is that it's not a nice thing to do.
You have 4 posts on this site, so you don't really have the background to say what "most the guys asking after" would have done. Most guys on here would pass along the deal to someone else, if they didn't plan to use the bat. That's why this site *was* good. Friendly people making friendly deals.
Noone here is going to appreciate your arbitrage.
kvander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #17
chinese freak
Post Ore

Originally Posted by kvander View Post
You can't apologize and say you did nothing wrong in the same sentence. Own it. You knew full well that the bats were worth more than the selling price, and you purchased them with the intent to sell for profit immediately after.
The only thing wrong with that is that it's not a nice thing to do.
You have 4 posts on this site, so you don't really have the background to say what "most the guys asking after" would have done. Most guys on here would pass along the deal to someone else, if they didn't plan to use the bat. That's why this site *was* good. Friendly people making friendly deals.
Noone here is going to appreciate your arbitrage.

I agree with Kev. This board was created with the intent of meeting new people and passing on great deals to each other while enjoying our softball passion. And not for profit !!!!!!!!!!